There wasn't a lot of sewing involved in this year's costume. Originally I had planned to make a one-piece jumpsuit from white canvas, but in the end, I decided to just go with white sweats ordered from Hanes. I sewed on the patches (which were surprisingly pricey) so we can re-use them again in the future.
The jet pack is made from a shoebox, white posterboard, mouthwash caps, various bottle caps, and tin foil. And duct tape. Lots of duct tape. And yes, if you are wondering, I did sacrifice some (apparently poorly-ironed) Kona from my stash for the flames.
The treat bag was a last-minute addition, made from some leftover rocketship print I had bought ages ago.