this one is most likely going to end up as a sewing machine cover for my new Janome. (Yes, I have *two* new sewing machines, my "new to me" Bernina 830 Record, and a brand new Janome 3160 QDC which was a totally out-of-the-blue gift from my lovely mother-in-law).
Wow, this picture--in addition to making the colors look blah -- is linty. Oops! Not to self - use lint-roller prior to photographing. It's actually mostly quilted now, but it's pouring rain so, too dark for photos.
I had fun piecing the "round" blocks -- I like trying a new block on a smaller piece like this before committing to a whole quilt -- and as soon as I finished them I realized there was a MUCH easier way of piecing them than the method I used. I guess that's what experimentation is for.
Note: That is NOT Kona Coal! It is Kona Slate, I think. Big difference. Even though they are next to each other on the Kona color card. (Really. Slate is *much* bluer than Coal, though you can't really tell from the photo.)